Monday, December 7, 2009

Christmas Prep

Well I am less than halfway done and I only have a week left before I need to start shipping. We did get the card printed, however the letter needs a lot of work. BUT that didn't stop us from having a FANTASTIC weekend.
First we went to December Nights at Balboa Park. Fun night, beautiful weather, the kids love it... Gordy loved it more. He and Patrick spent an hour in the international taster bar(s) and somehow Gordy came out three sheets to the wind. "Pat and I had a great time!" was said so frequently and with such zeal that our darling children counted how many times he said it... 22 1/2. Once was only 1/2 because he said "I had such a great time." Of course when he leaned over to me and said "Your wife and I had such a great time" Madigan nearly wet herself laughing.
Saturday was the best Christening I have ever been to... and I have been to more than my fair share. Fr. Steve put Thomas and Madigan to work as altar servers - my dream finally coming true. Although Thomas has finally reached the age to become an alter server, he refuses to sign up. I am going to send these photos to Deacon John. At least I had an hour to pretend. And the baby was perfect the whole day... I need to Photoshop a halo over his head.
Then Saturday night we went to Disneyland. Luck was on our side...at the hotel we were complimentary upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. And then not only were we invited to a special "Family Gathering" event at DCA, where we got to see the Fab Five with no waiting... we wandered into Disneyland during their Candlelight event. John Voigt was the narrator and it was spectacular.
Sunday we met up with the Burg's at Dland and had yet another great day of fun. I'm sure I will regret ignoring all of the lists littering my desk, but sometimes you just have to say "What the heck!"

No comments: